Terms And Conditions
1. The contract is between New Life Baby Scan Limited (NLBS) - Company Reg No. 10961990 and the Customer (you) and shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Nothing in these conditions will affect your statutory rights.
2. We provide non-diagnostic ultrasound scans of your baby. All of our scans are completed by trained and registered health professionals (sonographer) specialising in obstetric ultrasound. With your consent, we will carry out an ultrasound scan of your baby. The primary purpose of the scans is to assess viability, determine gender and provide a bonding experience depending on the type of scan performed. If the sonographer believes that there is any aspect of your baby’s development that needs to be brought to your attention they will discuss their ﬁndings openly with you. In these circumstances we will refer you to your NHS care provider. It is your responsibility to ensure that you then consult with your NHS care provider.
3. We can only offer scans to ladies aged 16 years and over.
4. You understand and accept that the sonographers do not have access to your medical history and therefore cannot provide medical advice relating to any diagnosis or advise you on any diagnostic results. It is therefore imperative that you access all antenatal services made available to you by the NHS as the identiﬁcation of abnormalities is their primary concern. Under no circumstances should the scan be seen as a substitute for any scans offered to you by your antenatal care provider.
5. The price for the Scan will be the price stipulated at the time of booking.
6. Reservations can be made by phone or by using our secure on-line booking facility. A non refundable deposit of £30 is required on credit /debit card at the time of booking to secure an appointment.
7. The balance of payment shall be made prior to the scan being performed.
8. A confirmed booking is an appointment for which a deposit has been paid. Should you wish to cancel or amend your appointment the following terms apply:-
a) Cancellation of a confirmed appointment up to 48 hours prior to scheduled appointment will be subject to a cancellation fee of £30 being the value of the deposit paid.
b) Amendments to a confirmed appointment up to 48 hours prior to scheduled appointment will not be subject to any amendment fee for the first amendment, however further amendments will be subject to an amendment fee of £30
c) Failed attendance or cancellation of a confirmed appointment within 48 hours of a scheduled appointment will be subject to the full outstanding balance of the chosen scan package.
9. We do offer one free rescan usually within one to two weeks following your first appointment. Our free rescan is offered on the understanding that you acknowledge that we are unable to guarantee that baby’s position will be ideal during your rescan.
Souvenirs and Rescans
10. Where applicable NLBS will supply a range of souvenir material including and not limited to video recordings, electronic images and photographic prints of the Scan. You have license to use the souvenir material on the basis that you will not use it for medical reference or for any other purpose other than home use. NLBS will not maintain a record of any scan recordings. Where applicable, if in the Songrapher’s professional opinion, your baby’s position at the time of the scan prevents either gender determination or the production of relevant suitable 3D/4D souvenir images, you will be offered one complimentary rescan on an alternative date. Images can vary greatly with each pregnancy as such NLBS will not warrant the replication of any previous scan images the client may wish to make comparison to. The Sonographer’s professional opinion as to the suitability of the images obtained is final. In the event the Sonographer determines a rescan is required this decision will be made at the earliest opportunity and the remaining appointment time will be forgone. Should the sonographer be unable to obtain that which is required after your complimentary rescan, the Sonographer will provide a professional opinion as to whether the desired result would be achievable through further scanning, however any further scan would be chargeable. In the event a complimentary rescan is offered, full payment for the original appointment will be required before any rescan appointment is confirmed. If the sonographer is unable to obtain that which is required at a rescan appointment, not withstanding circumstances beyond our control, no refund will be made in relation to any unused scan time, the lack of images achieved or failure to confirm gender.
10. Our commitment to customers is that we will treat your complaint seriously providing a prompt and confidential response. If you are unhappy with the service received New Life Baby Scan would like you to raise the issue at the time of the scan in order that a prompt and satisfactory resolution can be achieved. If you wish to make a complaint: Contact New Life Baby Scan Limited on 07740081386, email email@example.com or contact us in writing: New Life Baby Scan Limited, Unit 5 North Anston Business Centre, Houghton Road, Dinnington, Sheffield S25 4JJ. Your complaint will be fully investigated.
11. We reserve the right to modify or improve our service without prior notice.
12. We do not allow any personal photography to be carried out in our studio.
13. We operate to the current internationally agreed safety standards issued by the British Medical Ultrasound Society (BMUS), with respect to the guidelines for thermal and mechanical indices and exposure times for obstetric ultrasound applications. We adopt the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) principle throughout our scans. This means the sonographer will not continue to scan if he/she has obtained satisfactory images of the baby so appointment times will vary from person to person. In booking a scan, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the safety statements on souvenir scanning on the BMUS website https://www.bmus.org/policies-statements-guidelines/safety-statements/ a link to which can be found in the FAQ page of our website.
14. The Quality of the 3d images we are able to obtain depends on many factors such as, position of the baby, amount of amniotic fluid in front of the area being scanned and amount of tissue the sound wave needs to travel through ie: mum’s tummy, placenta, cord etc.
15. If you wish to make a change to the services or products you have ordered, please contact us. We will let you know whether the change is possible.
16. Scan bookings are allotted a specific time slot. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the Scan is carried out at the allocated time, appointment times cannot be guaranteed.
17. NLBS accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal effects howsoever caused whilst customers are on the premises.
18. NLBS will not be responsible or liable for any incidental or consequential loss or damage:
a) Caused by any act or omission by New Life Baby Scan or its employees or agents.
b) Suffered by any person acting or failing to act as a result of the contents of any scan or any information supplied in connection with the Scan. Nothing in this clause shall exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of New Life Baby Scan Limited.
19. NLBS will not be responsible for the breach of this contract caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
20. This contract is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is the entire contract between you and NLBS.